ayushbafna24

Need Support

I want to make a project of advance installer.i want to implement install,uninstall,patch, upgrade and version rollback functionalities.How to do this please share me a sample project or guide with a exact solution or steps.I have added multiple MSI in perquisites.I want to make a generic installer
Catalin

Re: Need Support

Hello and welcome to our forums,

The "Install" and "Uninstall" processes are as straight forward as they could be. Simply add your resources to the Advanced Installer project, build the project and run the setup. To uninstall it, just use the "Control Panel".

You can check our "Creating a Professional package" article for this, which I think you may find useful.

In what regards the "Upgrade", if you want to perform a major upgrade, all you need to do is to change the "Version" from the "Product Details" page and then generate a new "Product Code".

In what regards creating of a Patch, please have a look on our "Creating Patches" article.

To see the differences between a Patch and a Major Upgrade, please have a look over our "Updates Deployment: Major Upgrade vs Patch" article.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”