NigelShaw

Trial

Hey

I noticed that in the Files & Folders, a Trial.dll appears in the Application Folder. Its not 100% clear what folder i am supposed to put my build files in so i place them all in Program Files/App. Do i need to-

Move the trial.dll from Application Folder to this folder?
Move my build files to the Application Folder?
Leave them all where they are and it will still work?

Thanks
Catalin

Re: Trial

Hello Nacho,
I noticed that in the Files & Folders, a Trial.dll appears in the Application Folder.
Indeed, the Trial.dll file is added in your project in the "Files and Folders" page --> "Application Folder".
Its not 100% clear what folder i am supposed to put my build files in so i place them all in Program Files/App.
By default, the "Application Folder" (APPDIR) directory points to the following:

Code: Select all

[ProgramFilesFolder][Manufacturer]\[ProductName]
(the above can be seen in the "Install Parameters" page of your project --> "Application Folder" field)

where:

[ProgramFilesFolder] --> resolves to WinDir:\Program Files or WinDir:\Program Files (x86) depending on your package type (either 32-bit or 64-bit) and the Operating System bitness (either 32-bit or 64-bit)

[Manufacturer] --> this value is taken from the "Product Details" page => "Publisher" field

[ProductName] --> this value is taken from the "Product Details" page => "Name" field

So, as an example, if your package is of 32-bit type and the OS is of 64-bit, the "Application Folder" may look like this:

Code: Select all

WinDir:\Program Files (x86)\<Publisher>\<Name>
Hope things are more clear now.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”