Sevendi

How to choose which features to install

Hi,
I am new in using Advanced Installer. I am uploading three dependencies installer file from outside to install together with my main app. In case, those features already installed in my machine, I want the installer to just let me choose according to which features I want to install. Could you guys please help me to solve this issue? I'm creating an installer for my java app. Those three features are JDK, JRE, and Python. I combined my app with Python environment.
Thanks a lot!
Catalin

Re: How to choose which features to install

Hello and welcome to Advanced Installer forums,

I am not quite sure I understand the scenario here.

Could you please give me some more details about what you want to achieve, more specifically this:
In case, those features already installed in my machine, I want the installer to just let me choose according to which features I want to install.
so I can further assist?

From what I understand, you want the installer to display a dialog and let the user choose which features he wants to install?

If that is the case, you can add the other installers in the "Prerequisites" page as "Feature-Based" prerequisites.

After doing so, a feature will be created for each feature-based prerequisite in the "Organization" page.

You can let the user decide what features he wants to install by adding the "OptionalFeatsDlg" dialog in the "Dialogs" page. In order to add this dialog, please select one of the already existing dialogs (e.g. "WelcomeDlg") and then press the "Add Dialog" button from the toolbar.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”