LeisureTime

AI does not recognize updated Infragistics component

I updated the Infragistics component of my VB project from version 19.1 to 20.1.

Then I rebuilt it in AI, but it does not update the referenced to the newer DLL's. I know this because when I look at the files under Organization in AI it is still showing the 19.1 components.

How do I force a re-scan of the project to update the references?
LeisureTime

Re: AI does not recognize updated Infragistics component

I was pretty excited because I found Wizards / Import and thought that would solve my problem. It did bring in the new version (20.1), but it did not remove the obsolete version (19.1) from the AI project (as shown in the Orgranization tab). I can't even seem to delete the 20 or so files from the old version, you know, like by right-clicking and selecting delete (the option doesn't exist). So now I will try manually editing the AIP file to get rid of them. There has to be a better way...
LeisureTime

Plus it appears the Wizards / Import changes the product code, so that can't be right.
Catalin

Hello,

In this scenario, when a file might be changed on a regular basis, you can try to use our support for "Synchronized Folders".

Synchronizing folders can make the installer creation process faster and easier by automatically detecting and syncing to Advanced Installer changes made to the installer files on your disk.

For more information about this, please have a look over the "Working with Synchronized Folders" article.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
LeisureTime

These files are not changed frequently. Maybe every two years we will update.

In the beginning, AI scanned my project and automatically recognized the project references and incorporated them in the install. It sounds like there is no mechanism within AI to re-scan the project for any updates, so I will have to replace those 20 or so updated references manually. I'll give that a shot.
Catalin

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this.
It sounds like there is no mechanism within AI to re-scan the project for any updates, so I will have to replace those 20 or so updated references manually.
Could you please forward me a test-case which I can follow in order to reproduce this on my end? I would like to further investigate this and see if there is a better way other than manually updating your resources.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”