sscwdev

Free version 17.2 Cannot get Dialogs to show

I'd been struggling to get the VS installer to properly split my application between Program Folders and %appdata%/local on Win 10. I stumbled across Advanced Installer and decided to give it a try. I was able to get it to properly install my application within just a few minutes, so well done!!!

However, I can't seem to get the Dialogs to show. When I run the install package (I've tried both a single .exe file and a single MSI file), I get what appears to be a Windows system message saysing "Please wait while Windows configures MyApp" along with a progress bar that sweeps side to side--and that's it. After that window goes away, the application has installed just fine, but there's no real indication that it finished correctly (even though it does).

What is that I am missing about properly enabling and using Dialogs?
Catalin

Re: Free version 17.2 Cannot get Dialogs to show

Hello and welcome to our forums,

This is quite strange, indeed. The default behavior for an installation package is to display its' dialogs.

However, please make sure that you did not enable the "Limit to Basic UI" option from the "Install Parameters" page:

basicui.png
basicui.png (40.96 KiB) Viewed 2005 times

The above option will make the setup display only a progress bar, withtout any additional dialogs.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
sscwdev

That's exactly what the issue was!!! I unchecked that box, rebuilt the install and the dialogs came up just as expected.

Thank you!!!
Catalin

You are always welcome!

I am really glad you got this working.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”