Nils

Always install Feature added with CLI

Wed Aug 19, 2020 12:27 pm

Hey,

I want to set a Feature, which I added to a Project through CLI, to always install and I am not sure how to do this. Is there a way to set the Feature properties with help of the CLI? eg Changing Installation Behavior or Installation Settings? It seems like I am unable to find any helpful information on this matter in the CLI documentation.

Thanks in advance,
Nils

Catalin

Re: Always install Feature added with CLI

Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Hello Nils,

I am afraid that this is not possible with our current support for command line.

I will, however, add this on our TODO list of improvements and hopefully this will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Nils

Thu Aug 20, 2020 10:23 am

Thank you for the quick answer, Catalin. Hopefully it will make it into Advanced Installer some day.

Catalin

Thu Aug 20, 2020 12:07 pm

You are always welcome, Nils!

I hope so, too.

Unfortunately, as for this moment, since you are the only one requesting such feature, it has quite a low priority. However, that can change if more people will request this over the time to come.

Best regards,
Catalin

Nils

Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:29 am

That means not enough people are using the CLI it seems. Which is a shame since my life got a lot easier since I started using it in our automated build process.

Catalin

Fri Aug 21, 2020 2:44 pm

Hello Nils,

In fact, the command line automation support is a used feature.

However, your case here is a corner case (nobody has asked for this before) - this being the reason why I said it has quite a low priority.

I am not quite sure if you are aware of our new support for PowerShell automation.

This is a newer feature whose purpose is to replace the old command line automation.

Also, this is a feature that is constantly worked on and that we are constantly improving (based on our user's feedback).

Could you please let me know if you would be interested in this, so I can add this on our TODO list of improvements regarding our PowerShell automation support? I have already discussed about this with our developer and we can prioritize your request, meaning that this will be available much earlier than the command line support.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Catalin

Catalin

Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:44 pm

Hello Nils,

This improvement has been added in version 17.6 of Advanced Installer, released on October 22nd, 2020.

Best regards,
Catalin

Catalin

Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:55 pm

Hello,

We have also added basic support for the "Organization" page to our PowerShell Automation feature.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”