Emrah Arabacı

My Problem - Error 1308

Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:19 pm

Hi,
As a company, I have been using Advansed Installer since 2015. The setup file that we tried and run on pc in many places gave the following error in Windows Server 2016 operating system.

"Source file not found: C:\Users\....\[ProductName] [Version]\install\disk1.cab Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

As you can imagine, we do not have a file named install \ disk1.cab. I'm sharing my build settings below
Attachments
Build.png
Build.png (25.57KiB)Viewed 2941 times

Catalin

Re: My Problem - Error 1308

Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:30 pm

Hello Emrah and welcome to our forums,

This error may be caused by an Advanced Installer limitation regarding the file extraction.

Currently, the .EXE setup files built with Advanced Installer extracts the embedded files (MSI, CAB, etc) asynchronously during the Wizard Dialogs stage to improve the installation time. Our old method was to extract the files at the very beginning of the installation, before the UI dialogs appear.

Can you please try to set the "ExtractFilesFirst" (without quotes) property to "1" (without quotes) in "Install Parameters" page, rebuild the project and see if that helps? This way, the old extraction method will be used.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Emrah Arabacı

Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:46 am

Hi, thanks for reply. I applied what he wrote, but the problem was not solved. In addition, we are using version 12.4.2. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks in advance

Catalin

Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:55 pm

Hello Emrah,

This is quite strange.

Do you run your setup elevated (e.g. right click --> "Run as administrator")? If not, could you please try to do so and let me know if that helps?

Additionally, if I understood correctly, you are saying that this is only reproducing on Windows Server 2016 (not on the other machines that you have tested on)?

If the above does not help, could you please forward me, by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com, the following resources:

- a copy of your .AIP file

- a download link for the setup

so I can further investigate this?

Best regards,
Catalin

Emrah Arabacı

Sat Sep 19, 2020 11:18 am

Hi Catalin

Question : "Do you run your setup elevated (e.g. right click --> "Run as administrator")? If not, could you please try to do so and let me know if that helps?"
Answer : "Yes will try but not change any"

Question : "Additionally, if I understood correctly, you are saying that this is only reproducing on Windows Server 2016 (not on the other machines that you have tested on)?"
Answer : "Yes, in addition we realized that these servers are virtual"

Thanks for help

Catalin

Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:41 am

Hello Emrah,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

Unfortunately, without further testing and investigations, I can not say for sure why this is happening.

In order for me to further investigate this, could you please forward me the following resources:

- a copy of the .AIP file

- a download link for your setup

by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”