Eternal21

Is there any way to ignore updates.aiu timestamp and always download it?

Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:27 pm

I'm testing switching locations of download url when using updater.exe (by passing in the url via -url command line option). During the tests I noticed that the updater would sometimes not detect new updates. After troubleshooting I tracked it down to the fact that the updates.aiu file was not being downloaded. I then figured out that it was most likely due do the fact that the timestamp of downloaded updates.aiu file was newer than the one on the server so I'm guessing Advanced Installer decides not to download the file again.

For now my workaround is to always delete the updates.aiu file, before checking for new updates, so that the file always gets downloaded. Is there a better way of dealing with this? Can I configure updater.exe to always download the file, ignoring the timestamp?

Catalin

Re: Is there any way to ignore updates.aiu timestamp and always download it?

Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:47 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately, as for this moment, we do not offer a command line option that will ignore the timestamp of the updates.aiu file.

I have, however, added this on our TODO list of improvements and hopefully this will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

I will update this thread as soon as this improvement will make it into one of our official releases.

As for the workaround, I'm afraid I am not aware of a better way of dealing with this.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Re: Is there any way to ignore updates.aiu timestamp and always download it?

Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:54 pm

Hello,

After some further investigations, it looks like the API function that writes the file on disk adds the timestamp.

Unfortunately, we can not really influence the way this function works, therefore I'm afraid it is not possible to implement this enhancement.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”