siebje

CLI script changes packaging unnecessarily

Wed Nov 04, 2020 12:15 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to build an MSI only installer (no bootstrapper). However, when I use an iac script to update my prerequisites, it automatically changes the packaging to include an exe bootstrapper. I then have to open AI and manually change it back to single MSI. If I then build the installer, it works fine.

It's really not an option to have to manually open the program and change the setting before building the installer. The problem is that I cannot find a command to programmatically change the packaging type (and I've gone over pretty much the entire set of scripting commands).

Please assist.

Catalin

Re: CLI script changes packaging unnecessarily

Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:12 pm

Hello,

This might be happening if your project contains pre-install prerequisites (or if you add one through command line).

Please note that this type of prerequisites is handled by our .EXE bootstrapper, therefore when adding one to the project, it will be automatically converted to an EXE.

In what regards the command line to change the package type, you are indeed right, it looks like we do not have one.

I will add this on our TODO list of improvements and hopefully such a command will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Re: CLI script changes packaging unnecessarily

Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:35 pm

Hello,

This improvement has been added in Advanced Installer 17.9, released on January 25th, 2021.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”