kboutell

Customize Application Installation

Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:48 pm

Can someone point me to a tutorial for creating an installer that runs an EXE with params? I just downloaded this software today and I've been trying to find this in the docs and on the YouTube channel and I'm either looking past it or it doesn't exist where I'm looking.

Thanks.

Catalin

Re: Customize Application Installation

Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

In order to achieve that, you can use our predefined "Launch File" custom action.

This custom action has a field - "Command Line" - where you can specify command line parameters that will be passed to the target file.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

kboutell

Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:27 pm

Catalin wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:00 pm
Hello and welcome to our forums,

In order to achieve that, you can use our predefined "Launch File" custom action.

This custom action has a field - "Command Line" - where you can specify command line parameters that will be passed to the target file.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
I am only finding this option in the Enterprise version of your product. Is that correct or should I also have access to this feature in a Simple Installer project?

Catalin

Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Hello,

Using Custom Actions in your project requires a Professional project type or above.

For more information about this, please have a look over the "Top Professional Features" article.

There are some advanced scenarios that may indeed require the Enterprise version or above. For instance, if you want to schedule and execute your custom action from a dialog. This would require the "Dialog Editor" feature, which is available starting with our "Enterprise" license or above.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”