sonda

Prerequiresite selector how to know if something is selected

I want to display message that reboot will be required if some of the prerequisites are installed if nothing check do not display message. Or how to know which prerequisites are selected. I want to use existing dialog i do not want to create my dialog. Only thing is how to know if something is selected in prerequire selector.
pre-install.png
pre-install.png (24.05 KiB) Viewed 2579 times
regards
Catalin

Re: Prerequiresite selector how to know if something is selected

Hello,

In order to achieve this, you can go to "Prerequisites" page --> select your prerequisite --> "Properties" tab --> check the "Reboot system after installing the prerequisite".

After installing the prerequisite, the following message will be prompted to the user:
RebootRequired.png
RebootRequired.png (50.5 KiB) Viewed 2570 times

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
sonda

Thanks for the replay,
The problem is that i don't want to abort installation process. Its ok to continue installation the software when is started will remained them. I was wondering if there is why to know from prerequisites selector if something is clicked.

I have added custom action on next button (on prerequisites dialog ) to display message but when nothing is selected message is still displayed, also i was trying to bind some events like Update control when no tree item is selected, but without success, Also On progress dialog i was trying to set some init event to display massage but because we use older version was not triggered and that was explained in viewtopic.php?f=5&t=46326.

Is there possibility to have some interaction with prerequisites selector ? TO get checked items or number or something?

Regards
Catalin

Hello,

From what I can see in your screenshot, I'm assuming the prerequisites are added as pre-install prerequisites.
Is there possibility to have some interaction with prerequisites selector ? TO get checked items or number or something?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to achieve this with pre-install prerequisites.

It is, however, possible to do so with feature-based prerequisites. As the name suggests, for each feature-based prerequisite, a feature is created in the "Organization" page. We can use the state of the feature in order to condition your custom action that displays the message.

For instance, a condition as it follows can be used:
condition.png
condition.png (29.41 KiB) Viewed 2560 times

The above condition can be translated to:
Feature will be installed local. The feature is not reinstalled.
Unfortunately, not all prerequisites can be added as feature-based (due to some liminations regarding the complexity of the package). For instance, .NET Framework can not be installed as a feature-based prerequisite.

Hope this helps somehow!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”