SZLMCL

Install registry entries (both 32 & 64 bit)

Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:11 am

Hello,

I need install some registry keys to normal and to the WOW6432Node registry node (to both place).
reg1.png
reg1.png (36.46KiB)Viewed 2799 times
But after the installation only the WOW6432Node is installed, the another node is skipped.

Can you help me please how can I setup the installation to place the keys to both place?

Thank you!

BR, László

Catalin

Re: Install registry entries (both 32 & 64 bit)

Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:05 pm

Hello László,

What is happening here is normal, please allow me to explain why.

By default, when installing a 32-bit setup on a 64-bit machine, the keys/values are automatically redirected to the Wow6432Node (the same way as files are redirected to the "Program Files (x86)" folder).

If you want your file/registry entry to not be redirected, you should set its' component as a 64-bit component.

With that being said, here are the steps to follow in order to achieve what you want:

- first of all, please go to "Install Parameters" page and create a new property with the name of your key (we do this because we can not have duplicates - e.g. create "Licensing" twice), e.g.:
keyname.png
keyname.png (6.51KiB)Viewed 2794 times

- now please go to "Registry" page and create both the keys accordingly (one name "Licensing" and one with the name of the property):
registry.png
registry.png (24.16KiB)Viewed 2794 times

- now please go to "Organization" page and set the "64-bit component" attribute for the component
organization.png
organization.png (56.7KiB)Viewed 2794 times

Now, at install time, one key should be redirected to the WOW6432Node and one not:
afterinstall.png
afterinstall.png (116.3KiB)Viewed 2794 times

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”