divyaniP

Published event with a requiedpropscheckdlg argument doesn't work

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:37 am

Hello, Support

I have Published an event with requiedpropscheckdlg argument on "Next" for validation of compulsory inputs from the user. I also have Custom Action(PowerShellScriptInline) on this button.

The requiedpropscheckdlg apperas only if Custom Action(PowerShellScriptInline) gives any error. If custom action doesn't give any error then requiedpropscheckdlg also doesn't appear even though we don't enter compulsory input fields.

How can I resolve this issue?
Is this because of the ordering of published events?

I have attached the snapshot of published events on the next button.
Display a specific dialog=> requiedpropscheckdlg (used to show the warning message to a user to enter compulsory input fields)
Execute Custom Action=>powershell script
Execute Custom Action=>Message box to show error in PowerShell script
Display a specific dialog=> Next dialog
Attachments
problem.png
problem.png (15.56KiB)Viewed 1918 times

Catalin

Re: Published event with a requiedpropscheckdlg argument doesn't work

Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:38 pm

Hello,

Yes, in your case, the issue seems to be related to how you have scheduled the events.

Please note that normal events (such as the ones executing a custom action) are executed from top to bottom, while the events that spawn a dialog are executed in the opposite order, from bottom to top.

In your case, the first event (that spawns a dialog) executed is the the following:

Event: Display a specific dialog
Argument: DataloopCOnfigDlg
Condition: [...]

and since the new dialog is spawned, the "Display a specific child dialog" event is ignored.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”