jonwhittaker

Set UILevel lower than basic

I would like to generate a .msi file that will run silently by default, without needing to pass any command line flags. In the Install Parameters, there is a check box that allows me to select "Limit to basic user interface". My understanding is that this sets the UILevel property to 3, or "INSTALLUILEVEL_BASIC". This will still display UI components, however. Is there a way to set this to 2, or "INSTALLUILEVEL_NONE"?

I've tried to manually set theUILevel property in the property table, but it won't let me (it says "This property name is reserved").
jonwhittaker

Re: Set UILevel lower than basic

I figured out how to do this, in case someone stumbles across this post.

I saved the project as a template, and then opened the template file in a text editor, which allowed me to add a line of markup to manually set the UILevel property to 2.
Catalin

Re: Set UILevel lower than basic

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Thank you for your followup on this and for sharing your solution with us.

I am glad you were able to solve your query.

However, please note that the MSI will still need to be launched via an elevated command prompt in order to be installed.

By default, in order to install a product silently, administrator privileges are required.

If you do not have a requirement for your output to be an MSI file, you can achieve this like this:

- go to "Builds" page and select the "Single EXE setup (resources inside)" option

- under "Bootstrapper Options" --> "MSI command line" set:

Code: Select all

/qn
This will make our bootstrapper launch the MSI silently.

- in "Install Parameters" page please check the "Run as administrator" option

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”