abdou31

Build Error Freeze after Detecting Configuration

Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:29 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to create a file setup for a Visual Studio Application ( WPF App), I have followed the steps mentioned in a tutorial, after selecting the project configuration, I got a problem, this window in the screenshot shows a red progress bar and still freeze in the build step.

I really need help to solve this problem?
Can anyone help me?

Catalin

Re: Build Error Freeze after Detecting Configuration

Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:34 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Unfortunately, I cannot say for sure why this is happening.

In order for me to further investigate this, could you please send us the related solution and all of its included projects (without source code files) to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can investigate them?

Also, in the meantime as a workaround you can try to create the setup project from scratch and manually add your solution output files into the newly created project. For a starting point please have a look on our "Professional" tutorial.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

BertP

Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:52 am

I used the tutorial to test out AdvancedInstaller on an existing project. I get the same visuals on my end, and you can expand the pop up to see the error messages. Mine says "The target 'GetTargetPath' does not exist in the project" for each project inside the solution.
Image(https://ibb.co/CBsn19j)

This might be related to the TargetFrameworkS property defined within the solution. I created a new topic for this specifically which is pending approval.

Catalin

Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:36 pm

Hello,

Please note I have answered your other forum thread here:

Empty "Add Project Output" window in Visual Studio

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”