sonda

Build stack on signing

I have several machines where advanced installer is installed all are windows 10, but one of the machine always is stack on this screen
install_Stack.png
install_Stack.png (17.97 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
and never ends even installer is unable to stop only from task manager. Installation file is simple only one file and digital signing form filled with certificate from disk and password, nothing else cant figure out why this happen, any idea what can be wrong with machine or what is missing?

Machine is like other configurations 8 GB ram 64bit. Same project will be build on other machine but not on this one. No error no event viewer just stack. The problem is that all machines are automatically build an create installer but this machine always stack on this task and must be monitored.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion
Catalin

Re: Build stack on signing

Hello,

On the respective machine, could you please try to manually sign your files and let me know the outcome?

You can find the signtool.exe we are using to sign your files in a location as it follows:

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 17.9\third-party\winsdk\x86
or

Code: Select all

C:\Program Files (x86)\Caphyon\Advanced Installer 17.9\third-party\winsdk\x64
Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
sonda

Hi Catalin,

we are still using older version 15.6 and in the folder structure there is not winsdk folder
img.png
img.png (26.54 KiB) Viewed 2642 times
but your information just gave me the idea to check if Windows 10 Kits (Sdk) is installed on this machine, and i check C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\10 the folder was missing so i have downloaded from : https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/w ... ws-10-sdk/ and installed.

After installation i have run simple project that i have for test on that machine (later will check automated build, but i believe it will be successful) and build was successful.

Thanks you very much for your help, may be this eventuality would have been resolved when we would have been migrated to newer version of Advanced installer but we would not know what was the real issue and fix, and blame the Advanced installer (because newer installation will fixed the issue), but its good to know that issue was on other side, missing configuration on server missing Windows Kits.

Thank you very for the time and solution.
Regards.
Catalin

You are always welcome!

I am glad you were able to find the culprit.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”