kmauzoul

"Show Only If" UI does not return to FolderDlg Dialog

Sat Feb 06, 2021 1:15 pm

Hello,

I'm having trouble understanding the concept behind "Show Only If".

I currently have a Dialog box that asks user to select the Install type (New Company or Client setup). The intent is if they select New Company, this is a brand new install and will do some particular custom actions. If it's a client install, it will do a different set of custom actions.

I have the dialogs set using the "Show Only If" settings. If a radio button is Company, it branches off to the "New COmpany" show only if dialogs. If it's Client, it branches off to the "Client" dialogs.

The above works correctly, and this is supposed to happen before the "Show Folder Dialog" - however, in both scenarios, neither return back to the "Show Folder Dialog" setting. I've tried different combinations but to no avail. Is Show Only If not supposed to return back to it's sequence of forms to show after it's been branched?

All scenarios go to an immediate install of the application without hitting the Show Folder Dialog

I've tried:

1. At the end of the dialog's "Next" button, purposely selecting the "show folder dialog" event (did not work)
2. Removed "show folder dialog" event to "Next" button (did not work)

I'm unable to remove the "Return" function (I don't know if this is what's skipping and going straight to install)
1.png
1.png (319.95KiB)Viewed 2089 times
2.png
2.png (368.58KiB)Viewed 2089 times

kmauzoul

Re: "Show Only If" UI does not return to FolderDlg Dialog

Sat Feb 06, 2021 3:57 pm

Nevermind - I refactored the sequences of dialogs and jump straight to the "Register Keys" screen if they selected client.

Catalin

Re: "Show Only If" UI does not return to FolderDlg Dialog

Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:43 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this!

I am glad everything works as expected now.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”