Eternal21

How to disable or self-calculate Sha1 attribute from aip project file?

See the diff below. Whenever I save the aip project file I end up with Sha1 diff, that causes issues with our CI system. Is it possible to either disable generation of that value? If not is it possible to generate the value on our own? How is it calculated? Thanks.

Catalin

Re: How to disable or self-calculate Sha1 attribute from aip project file?

Hello,
that causes issues with our CI system
Could you please give me some more details about this?

When you save your project, presumably something has changed in it.

I'm not an expert whatsoever, but since something has changed in the project, shouldn't it have a different hash after the "Save" operation (since it is basically a different file)?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
Eternal21

The issue is the fact that the very process of building the installer requires a new commit, so I want to understand why it happens, and then come up with a workaround for that. I think I'm on the right track here - by trial and error I figured out that sha1 is generated from the file specified in the File property. I ended with identical value, when I used the following tool to get the SHA1 for that file: https://emn178.github.io/online-tools/s ... cksum.html

So it looks like Advanced Installer is calculating SHA1 for my executable whenever I save the AI project. This is not ideal, because in C# world at least, building the same executable each time, does not produce the same binary output for identical inputs (more info about that https://stackoverflow.com/questions/892 ... ling-again).

The question now is if there is a way to stop AI from embedding that value in the project (I'm guessing not), or at the very least can I safely ignore it and not check it in, whenever CI server completes a build (in other words, what is that value used for by AI)?
Catalin

Hello,

It looks like I may have misunderstood your scenario.

Are you saying that each time you save your .AIP file, the SHA1 hash is changed for your executable?

If that is the case, in order for me to further investigate this, could you please forward me the following resources:

- a copy of your .AIP file

- a download link for the setup

- a test case which I can follow in order to reproduce this

by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com?

I have tried reproducing this on our end in a sample project but unfortunately I did not manage to do so.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”