jmoleary

Anyway to make AI synchronize with a deps.json file?

I use Advanced Installer Professional to build a VisualStudio application that uses .NET 5.0. When I build it, my app creates a 'MyApp.deps.json' file that lists all of its .NET dependencies. It puts these dependency binaries in the output folder under a 'runtimes' subfolder. They all need to be there when the application runs. Pretty standard stuff for .NET, I think.

My problem is that so far, the only way I know to make sure that these things go into the final, Advanced Installer build is to manually add the various files and subfolders to the project. But as time and development go on, these dependencies change. Visual Studio updates the deps.json file but AI has no way of knowing. So if a new dependency is added, I don't know about it unless I install the application and try to run it (and see it not run).

Then I must open up AI and add the new files to the project. And if there are any old dependencies I've added that are no longer needed, I have no way of knowing.

Is there anyway to make AI scan the deps.json file and synchronize its list of files with it? Because I have a feeling that this is probably some pretty standard AI feature of which I am merely ignorant. But if it is, I don't even know what the feature is called.
Catalin

Re: Anyway to make AI synchronize with a deps.json file?

Hello,

In order to synchronize a folder from your project with a folder from disk, you can use our support for "Synchronized folders".

In order to synchronize a folder, you can proceed as it follows:

- go to "Files and Folders" page

- right click on a folder --> "Properties" --> "Synchronize" tab

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”