oscarcauich

.Net Framework 4.7.2 failed to install as a prerequisite

Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:13 am

Hello, I am running into an issue with advancedInstaller 16.3 where, we have .Net Framework as a prerequisite and during the installation I can see that the framework is attempted to be installed however it fails because it senses that there is another installation happening which is not case. If I go into task manager and force close the Windows Installer service (running as a background service) the .Net installation processed with no issues, and also my installation finishes with no issues. However this is not the desired behavior. Can you tell me if there is something I can do to fix this? I already tried on a windows 8.1 and windows 10 machines and it has the same behavior.

Thank you,

Catalin

Re: .Net Framework 4.7.2 failed to install as a prerequisite

Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:21 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

This might happen if you have added .NET Framework as a "feature-based" prerequisite.

Please note that .NET Framework can only be installed as a "pre-install" prerequisite.

For more information about this, please have a look over our "Why does .NET Framework fails as feature-based prerequisite?" FAQ.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

oscarcauich

Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:03 pm

Hi and thanks for responding, the .Net Framework was added as pre-install prerequisite, however it still complaints about an existing(second) installation running which is not the case since I've restarted the computer a few time to see if this will let my installer running without complaint.

Catalin

Wed Mar 03, 2021 3:19 pm

Hello,

As you may have noticed already, the compaint about the existing installer comes from the .NET installer itself (not from your setup package).

Since you have added the prerequisite as a pre-install prerequisite, then the problem should be related to your machine - most likely, as the message suggests, another installation is in progress at that time.

Although not visible, the machine you are trying to install the prerequisite may perform some silent installations - e.g. a Windows Update.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”