LouisLaroshel

Custom installation and CheckList. help me please

Good afternoon, Colleagues. Help please, I create an installer for the game. You have to make a choice in the installation (Full installation and Custom), how can this be done? And also how to make a choice which folders (files) to install and which not. I understand this can be done via CheckList, but how exactly I can not understand how to implement it, please help
Eusebiu

Re: Custom installation and CheckList. help me please

Hi and welcome to our forums.

In order to achieve what you want, you need to first go in the "Organization" page of your project and create more features (some of them will be always installed and some only when a Full Installation is performed). Then, you can go in the "Files and Folders" page, right-click on your files/folders and use the "Move to Feature" option to add them to the desired features.

After this, you can go in the "Dialogs" page and add the "SetupTypeDlg" dialog that comes with the "Typical|Custom|Complete" options.

In the "Organization" page, you can select each feature and set its installation behavior as described in the "Installation Behavior" section from the "Feature Properties" article.

Let me know if you have other questions.

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”