sonda

When silent uninstall of old version happens

Hi there,
I have two installers MyInstaler.1.0.0.1.exe and MyInstaler.1.0.3.1.exe the third number is not the same. When build on I edit the .aip set the version with /SetVersion and that's is how I know that product code is changed.

This is how it look Upgrades page :
Upgrades.png
Upgrades.png (42.23 KiB) Viewed 10972 times
Now the problem is that when a newer version is started to be installed older version is still present, and when the wizard will come to a place where ports need to be checked it says ports are used, and yes are used because the older version is still present, so not sure when uninstalling process of the older version is beginning to happen.
I don't want to add custom action for uninstalling since I want an automatic upgrade to take care of this process and not to be disturbing for the user.

i use this command when editing aip AdvancedInstaller.com /edit "c:\Installer\MyInstall.aip" /SetVersion $(Release.ReleaseName) and both installers should be build from same .aip. What I'm doing wrong not sure.

Any info will be appreciated
Thanks
Eusebiu

Re: When silent uninstall of old version happens

Hi,

There is nothing that you do wrong here, but the problem is that the uninstallation of the old version is performed during the "Remove Resources" action group which happens when the "ProgressDlg" dialog is displayed. So, during an upgrade, the old version will always be available on the machine when the wizard dialogs are displayed.

Since the port is kept in use by the old version, I think that you can skip the dialog that contains that check by using the "Show only if..." option available when you right-click on that dialog with the following condition: NOT OLDPRODUCTS

Best regards,
Eusebiu
Eusebiu Aria - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
sonda

Thanks for response, your suggestion guide me to the right direction i solve my issue. It was spawn dialog and i have payed with condition on "Next" button and OLDPRODUCTS property and issue was resolved.

Thanks again
Catalin

Hello,

Thank you for your followup on this.

We are glad everything is working as expected now.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”