markoc

Setting up a IIS reverse proxy - ARR support

Fri May 28, 2021 10:23 am

Hi,

We are trying to set up a IIS reverse proxy using the IIS component of the Advanced Installer. One of the problems we are facing is trying to set up Application Request Routing (ARR) in order to enable proxying of requests from our public endpoints to our private ones.

The only place where this seems doable is inside the "Custom properties" tab of a website we create. There we create 4 new IIS Attributes with Attribute ID Section set to system.webServer/proxy and with Attribute ID Name and Value set to what is needed (enabled="True"; xForwardedForHeaderName="X-Real-IP"; reverseRewriteHostInResponseHeaders="False"; includePortInXForwardedFor="False").

Also, we need to configure URL Rewrite as well and, again, the only place where this seems doable is inside the "Custom properties" tab of the website. After setting those and building our project, we proceed to run the built installer. The installation unfortunately fails with a weird COM error while trying to set the system.webServer/proxy attributes.

So, my question is: Is there support for ARR in Advanced Installer?

Catalin

Re: Setting up a IIS reverse proxy - ARR support

Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:28 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Unfortunately, I can not say for sure whether we have support for ARR or not.

Please give me some more time to further investigate this and maybe consult with our development team and I will followup this thread as soon as I will reach a conclusion.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:44 am

Hello,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply.

I have further investigated this with our development team and it looks like we do not currently support Application Request Routing in our IIS module.

I have added this on our TODO list of improvements and we will try to implement this in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Once this will be added, I will update this thread.

Best regards,
Catalin

markoc

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:54 am

Hi Catalin,

Thank you for your response, I am looking forward to the update.

Kind regards,
Marko

Catalin

Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:19 pm

You are always welcome, Marko!

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”