Sat3CheenD89at

AI requires privs to build Merge Module wrapping a COM dll

Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:25 am

hi,

Kind of a dumb question - I have a merge module that wraps a dll, the dll is a COM component. I understand that any project incorporating this module must have privileges when it's installed, in order to register the dll.

I noticed that AI wants privileges even to open this project, and AdvancedInstaller.com also wants privs to build this module. I'd like to avoid needing privileges to build this module. Is this at all possible?

When I open this project in AI, it tells me in the notifications pane "registration info was successfully refreshed for the blah-blah.dll"

thanks

Kirk Evans

Catalin

Re: AI requires privs to build Merge Module wrapping a COM dll

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:28 pm

Hello Kirik,

To be fully honest with you, I do not believe I ever encountered this behavior.

If possible, could you please give me some more details so I can further assist?

For instance, could you please give me a step-by-step test case which I can follow in order to reproduce this?

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Catalin

Re: AI requires privs to build Merge Module wrapping a COM dll

Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:18 am

Hello Kirik,

As a followup to my last answer:

This might happen if you have the registered the .DLL with one of the following options in your MSM project: Extract registration info from native library with "Synchronization" enabled.

Could you please set the "Synchronization" to "Disabled" and let me know if you still encounter this?
registration.png
registration.png (86.31KiB)Viewed 6701 times

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”