marcosspg

Change installation temp path

Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:33 am

Im building an installer, but its for a video game (6 GB of size).
When i try to install the game, i have this error

I guess that path is the temp files location, because the install location is different and the user can change the install location.

I have 2 disks, and C: is almost full but i have enough space in the other disk where i will install the game.
So, my question is, where can i change that temporary location to avoid this error when user C: disk is full?

Catalin

Re: Change installation temp path

Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:27 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

That is the extract location where our EXE bootstrapper extracts its' resources (e.g. the MSI and the CAB files).

You can change that by going to "Builds" page --> "Bootstrapper Options" --> "Extract location" field.

However, please note that this might only work on your machine (for instance, your users might not have the same drive as you, e.g. D:\). On the user's machine, I would advise letting the path as it is.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

marcosspg

Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:49 pm

Catalin wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 1:27 pm
Hello and welcome to our forums,

That is the extract location where our EXE bootstrapper extracts its' resources (e.g. the MSI and the CAB files).

You can change that by going to "Builds" page --> "Bootstrapper Options" --> "Extract location" field.

However, please note that this might only work on your machine (for instance, your users might not have the same drive as you, e.g. D:\). On the user's machine, I would advise letting the path as it is.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin

Thank you a lot!!!!!!
❤❤❤

Catalin

Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:25 pm

You are always welcome! :)

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team