mardu

Launch condition with custom action property set

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:45 am

Hi,

I'm trying to set Lunching condition from property that will be set from custom action but property is never set. Is it possible to use property that is set in custom action as Lunching condition, I have placed custom action in Wizard dialog?

Thanks in advance

Liviu

Re: Launch condition with custom action property set

Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:47 am

Hello and welcome to our forums,

In order to achieve that you need to add the "Set installer property" (PowerShellScript can work too) custom action before "Searches" action group in the Wizard Dialogs Stage.
LaunchCond.png
LaunchCond.png (52.04KiB)Viewed 8119 times

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Liviu

mardu

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:47 pm

Great this is working but in case when i use search in registry and then use property in script is showing empty but launch condition that check for value 1 is successful and that is odd.

Regards,
Don
Attachments
launch.aip
(13.01KiB)Downloaded 397 times

Liviu

Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:59 am

Hi Don,
Great this is working but in case when i use search in registry and then use property in script is showing empty but launch condition that check for value 1 is successful and that is odd.
This is normal behavior. Your property is empty in the script because the script is executed before the "Searches", so the value was not found yet.

Just move your .vbs script after the "Searches" action group on "Wizard Dialogs Stage" and will show the value "1".

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Building Installers”