sonda

Update space available when selected different drive

Thu Oct 21, 2021 3:47 pm

On the folder dialog, i have added [PrimaryVolumeSpaceAvailable] and it displays initial value but if i change the drive on browse I like the value to be updated with available space on drive D not sure on which action can i achieve this.

I have attached simple aip

Regards
Attachments
Your Application4.aip
(23.59KiB)Downloaded 427 times

Catalin

Re: Update space available when selected different drive

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:42 pm

Hello,

In order to achieve this (in a better way I'd say), you could add the "Volume Cost List" control to your dialog.

This should display the available space on every disk, something like this:
VolumeCostList.png
VolumeCostList.png (13.09KiB)Viewed 9176 times

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

sonda

Thu Oct 28, 2021 5:03 pm

Hi thanks for the answer we don't want to use another control we want to achieve this:
folder.png
folder.png (7.27KiB)Viewed 8540 times
but without using another control, the problem is that when the folder is changed variables are not updated, and for now, I don't have any idea if that is possible without control and only using labels (default browse dialog) with [PrimaryVolumeSpaceRequired], [PrimaryVolumeSpaceRemaining],[PrimaryVolumeSpaceAvailable] and without going forward-backward on installer.

Regards

Catalin

Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:41 pm

Hello,

Unfortunately, I'm afraid there isn't really a feasible solution for your request.

Basically, what we would need to do here is use a "Refresh the current dialog" event (this is the reason why if you click "Next" and then "Back", the value is updated).

The only solution I can think of would be having a "Push button" control that refreshes the dialog.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”