efultz

Where to define in Jenkins

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:06 pm

The UI for the newest version of Jenkins is considerably different from the older version. I am trying to find in the new Jenkins where to define the path to the advanced installer.

The options available when adding installer is only the following:
Extract *.zip/*.tar.gz
Install from advancedinstaller.com
Run Batch Command
Run Shell Command

I already installed advanced installer on my machine so I just want to point to that with the path as we were able to do with the older Jenkins. I feel I am missing something fundamental here - I set up to use Install from advancedinstaller.com but I get this error:

FATAL: caphyon.jenkins.advinst.AdvinstInstaller$InstallationFailedException: Failed to extract Advanced Installer from https://www.advancedinstaller.com/downl ... dvinst.msi. Error C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Jenkins\.jenkins\tools\caphyon.jenkins.advinst.AdvinstInstallation\18.8

Catalin

Re: Where to define in Jenkins

Fri Oct 22, 2021 3:35 pm

Hello Edward,

By default, when adding the "Advanced Installer" as a tool in Jenkins (under "Global Tool Configuration")

GlobalToolConfiguration.png
GlobalToolConfiguration.png (84.84KiB)Viewed 7614 times

Advanced Installer will be scheduled for download through the "Install automatically" option.

InstallAutomatically.png
InstallAutomatically.png (73.3KiB)Viewed 7614 times

Basically, that tells Jenkins to download Advanced Installer everytime a job is running.

If Advanced Installer is already installed on the machine, we should uncheck that option and then we will need to input the home directory of Advanced Installer, as it follows:

Home.png
Home.png (32.75KiB)Viewed 7614 times

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

efultz

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:25 pm

Thank you - this helped - I had to uncheck the install automatically and then I was able to specify where to find AIP

Catalin

Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:25 am

You are always welcome, Edward!

Glad I could help.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”