bottonTurn

Custom SignTool.exe, how to change the path

Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:33 pm

Hi all.
I follow this approach to solve a sign issue viewtopic.php?t=35096 there AI team suggest to create a custom SignTool.exe and do the work, that works fine, but how the SigTool.exe path can be be setup outside of advanced installer I didn't see that path in .aip project?

In CI jobs the installation of AI will be by default, so we need to overwrite the path to the signTool

I am using v14.8

Thanks,

Catalin

Re: Custom SignTool.exe, how to change the path

Thu Nov 04, 2021 2:06 pm

Hello,

You can configure the path to the SignTool.exe by opening Advanced Installer --> "Files" --> "Settings" --> "External Tools".

Additionally, in the newer versions of Advanced Installer, this can be configured directly from the "Digital Signature" page:
CustomSignTool.png
CustomSignTool.png (19.2KiB)Viewed 7606 times

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

bottonTurn

Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:46 pm

Hi thanks for your help,
The issue with this
You can configure the path to the SignTool.exe by opening Advanced Installer --> "Files" --> "Settings" --> "External Tools".
Is that we are using jenkins to build and at some point we install from scratch advanced installer and then build de project, so no manual steps can be add to the process.

That option you say can be setup by the command line or using a parameter when call addvancedinstaller?

Thanks,
Diego

Catalin

Mon Nov 08, 2021 5:33 pm

Hello Diego,

I'm afraid we do not have any command line in which you can specify what SignTool.exe to be used.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”