vmfrt

Failed to make a scheduled task with GUI hidden

Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:27 pm

If we check Run whether user is logged on or not in Windows OS interface then task's GUI is successfully hidden but this option is not available in advance installer

As in Windows 10's Interface

While no option in Advance Installer

Catalin

Re: Failed to make a scheduled task with GUI hidden

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:55 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Please note that this improvement has already been implemented in our latest version of Advanced Installer.
RunOnly.png
RunOnly.png (27.36KiB)Viewed 3618 times

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

vmfrt

Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:32 am

I think I am failed to described my problem.
My goal is to hide console interface from user and run it as background process. So it can be achieved by checking Option with Radio button "Run whether user is logged on or not" (available in windows OS GUI) but it is missing in Advance Installer. Is it available in latest version of Advance Installer ?

Catalin

Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:21 am

Hello,

Yes, that is available in the latest version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin

Catalin

Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:54 am

Hello,

As a followup to my last thread, I somehow confused the two settings.

It looks like we currently do not have support for the "Run whether user is logged on or not" option.

I will add this on our TODO list of improvements and hopefully it will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin

vmfrt

Fri Mar 25, 2022 10:46 am

Catalin wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 9:54 am
Hello,

As a followup to my last thread, I somehow confused the two settings.

It looks like we currently do not have support for the "Run whether user is logged on or not" option.

I will add this on our TODO list of improvements and hopefully it will be added in a future version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Thanks for your reply....
Is there any other option that we can select this option via custom actions ? or any other method ?

Catalin

Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:27 pm

Hello,

You're welcome!

Yes, that can for sure be achieved through a custom action - e.g. a PowerShell script, VBScript, C#, etc.

You could only create a custom action that modifies the current Scheduled Task created by your setup, that basically only checks that option you require.

The custom action should be scheduled after the "Add resources" action group with its "Execution Time" set to "When the system is being modified (deferred)".

Additionally, you might need to check the "Run under the LocalSystem account (with no impersonation)" option, so your custom action runs elevated.

Best regards,
Catalin

Catalin

Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:51 pm

Hello,
Is there any other option that we can select this option via custom actions ? or any other method ?
After further discussing this with our dev team, it looks like you can achieve this by unchecking the "Run only if this user is logged on" option and then providing a username and password for the scheduled task.

Best regards,
Catalin

vmfrt

Tue Jul 26, 2022 7:29 am

Catalin wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:51 pm
Hello,
After further discussing this with our dev team, it looks like you can achieve this by unchecking the "Run only if this user is logged on" option and then providing a username and password for the scheduled task.

Best regards,
Catalin
Thanks for Reply. But I want to use this setting for production. I dont know user name and passwords of my customers. So, please guide how to use it for production?

Catalin

Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:04 am

Hello,
Thanks for Reply. But I want to use this setting for production. I dont know user name and passwords of my customers. So, please guide how to use it for production?
A way of doing this would be to create a custom dialog where you ask the user to input the required data, in our case the username and password and then use those for the scheduled task.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”