DeepsUttekar

Application give run time error when application is updated with JRE 1.8

Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:05 pm

Hello team,

I have created and installer, where I have used JAVA product feature. In java product I have selected 64bit Open JRE. I build app version 1 and it runs successfully.

Now I have just updated version and build new release with Version 2. All features are same application is working fine.

1. If I install version 1, it works fine
2. If I install version 2, it works fine
3. I install version 1 manually, and install version 2 as an update using updater feature. Application started successfully but I do received crypto errors on some machines. This happens only when both version 1 and version to has JRE1.8 included in it.
a. If both have JRE 1.8 I receive crypto error
b. if version 1 contains JRE1.8 and version 2 contains JRE 11, app update works well and then application also works fine
c. If both have JRE 11, app update works well and then application also works fine

So can you please help me to understand why this can happen? Why app update is causing issue when both versions have JAVA product with JRE 11

Catalin

Re: Application give run time error when application is updated with JRE 1.8

Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:27 pm

Hello,

This is quite strange, indeed.

Unfortunately, I can not say for sure why this is happening.

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue, or is it specific to some machines only?

I would advise to check the version of JRE 8, perhaps on the machine where you reproduce this, only the 32-bit version is installed.

From what I can see, starting with JRE 11, only 64-bit version is available for download.

If this is not the case, please forward me the following resources:

- a copy of the .AIP File

- a download link for version 1

- a download link for version 2

- a test case which I can use to reproduce this

by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate this on our end.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”