Aethaerx

How do I add a dialog screen with a website or HTML wrapper?

Sat Apr 23, 2022 12:06 am

I wanted to know if it was possible to create a dialog screen that included a video? Also, is there a way to create a dialog that contains a website wrapper so it pulls a page from online and displays it on the dialog page?

As a note, I have looked at the HTML Host Control but am not understanding how it works properly. I enter my URL in the URL box but still nothing happens.

Liviu

Re: How do I add a dialog screen with a website or HTML wrapper?

Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:27 am

Hello,
I wanted to know if it was possible to create a dialog screen that included a video?
Unfortunately, this is not possible.

As a workaround, you can convert your video to .gif and place it on a dialog as a new Image control. In order to properly display the .GIF file you also need to enable "Enhanced User Interface" from "Themes" page.

Another possible solution would be to create a Billboard.
Also, is there a way to create a dialog that contains a website wrapper so it pulls a page from online and displays it on the dialog page?

As a note, I have looked at the HTML Host Control but am not understanding how it works properly. I enter my URL in the URL box but still nothing happens.
I've tested this and it works as expected on my machine.
html host.png
html host.png (275.63KiB)Viewed 1671 times

Please have a look on our HTML Host Control article.

Hope that helps!

Best regards,
Liviu

Aethaerx

Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:56 pm

Ah, I guess it only works with HTML files. I thought it might work with Wordpress sites or dynamic sites. For example "https://www.google.com" and "www.abc.com" or my Wordpress website didnt work.

Liviu

Thu Apr 28, 2022 8:26 am

Hello,

I've tested this using "https://www.google.com/" URL and is working as expected.
google.png
google.png (65.27KiB)Viewed 1650 times

If still does not work for you, can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) file by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can have a look on it?

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Building Installers”