lllgnslbdllssr

Repair mode using new parameters value

Hi, I've created ad installer which create an appsettings.json using properties. So, from command line, I can specify the parameters value:

Code: Select all

.\MySetup.exe /exenoui /qn APPDIR=”C:\Program Files (x86)\MyCompany\MyProduct” PROPERTY_ONE=”something” PROPERTY_TWO=”another” /L*V “C:\log.txt”

The value of PROPERTY_ONE and PROPERTY_TWO will be transcribed in appsetting.json application file. So, it is possible to launch a command like the one above in repair mode in which I can specify other values of PROPERTY_ONE and PROPERTY_TWO? For example PROPERTY_ONE="something1" and PROPERTY_TWO="another1". Then, eventually, the appsetting.json file will contain the new values.

Thank you.
lllgnslbdllssr

Re: Repair mode using new parameters value

No replies?
Catalin

Hello and welcome to our forums,

Please note that you can not launch a setup in "repair" mode.

The setup will be launched in "Maintenance Mode", from which the user can choose to repair it.

And to answer your question, yes, that should be possible if you pass the properties through the command line when launching the setup in Maintenance Mode.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
lllgnslbdllssr

Catalin wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:32 pm Hello and welcome to our forums,

Please note that you can not launch a setup in "repair" mode.

The setup will be launched in "Maintenance Mode", from which the user can choose to repair it.

And to answer your question, yes, that should be possible if you pass the properties through the command line when launching the setup in Maintenance Mode.

Best regards,
Catalin

Hi Catalin
Thanks for your reply. I'm sorry if I wrote something wrong (repair instead of maintenance).

Thank you
Catalin

You are always welcome!

And no worries about that.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”