Jacob Darka

How to make the UI Unmovable?

Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:07 am

Hello,

After building the project, the installer UI window can be grabbed from anywhere in the entire window and dragged around.

How can I completely cancel this feature and make the UI unmovable and un-draggable? or at least how can I make it so that it can be only dragged around when holding the UI's tile/window border?

Thanks,
Jacob

Catalin

Re: How to make the UI Unmovable?

Tue Aug 02, 2022 10:04 am

Hello Jacob,

I'm afraid this might not be possible, as this is not something you can control from within Advanced Installler.

If you have any other questions, please let me know and I will gladly assist.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Jacob Darka

Testing installation UI fails because of missing launch exe

Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:08 pm

Hello Catalin,

I have another small question if you may.

In previous updates, I was able to test the installation UI without errors whatsoever, but now on 19.7 I keep getting the following error when testing the UI:

(I'm testing installing the app to "D:\")

That error occurs because I have set my "Finish Actions" to launch the application's EXE. However, since this is just a test the application wasn't installed and therefore its EXE file wasn't present in the APPDIR.

But as I mentioned this behaviour only started to occur when I updated Advanced Installer to the latest version recently. Is this the new intended behaviour or is this just a bug that will be fixed?

Thanks,
Jacob

Catalin

Re: How to make the UI Unmovable?

Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:19 am

Hello Jacob,

I am not quite sure I fully understand this, does this occur when you use the "Test Installation UI" option or when you test the UI by launching the setup?

If it is the former one, then you should not worry at all, as this would be normal, since the file is not installed.

If it is the latter one, then please give me some more details about the scenario so I can run some tests on my end.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”