ipollock

Can I add a package to the Predefined Prerequisites?

Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:27 am

Using Advanced Installer 12.7.2

I'm frequently updating the .Net hosting bundle in many installers and there are a few. Although i can add it as a Pre-Install prerequisite, sometimes i find it would be easieer to add it to the Predefined Prerequisites table in the Frameworks and Runtimes area of Packages. Is it possible?

Alternatively, i used to be able to use the 6 figure version number found in the .NET part of the registry to set up the logic that would define whether a newer version would be installed or not (silently). The registry value has changed and now it is a different series of numbers separated by dots. i.e. 6.0.5.22218 which doesn't seem to allow me to use the same logic. This only allows me to set the logic as if it's not installed then install it. However if a newer version is installed eg. 6.0.7 then it will still install the older version. Is there a way to use similar logic to say if the NET version is older than the one on the machine then don't install it - and if it is older then install it?

Many thanks.
Ian

Catalin

Re: Can I add a package to the Predefined Prerequisites?

Fri Aug 05, 2022 11:52 am

Hello Ian,

I'm afraid that is not possible.

If you have a request for a prerequisite you'd like to see added in our predefined list, please let me know and we will add it.

However, this would be available only for the latest version of Advanced Installer.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”