bdhobbs

Localization Support for Html Host Control

Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:34 pm

Hello,

We recently switched over to hosting our End User License Agreement as a HTML file in a Html Host Control rather than a .rtf file in a Rich Text Control. I cannot figure out how to change to the other languages' versions. There doesn't seem to be the Localization button on the file selector field of the control. I currently have the file copying over to TargetComputer/Windows Volume/Temporary and it works fine for English. When I select any other of the targeted languages, the control just shows up blank. I tried to create subfolders in the same place for other languages, eg "fr" and "de" but no dice. Does anyone have any ideas or samples? I looked but couldn't find any.

Thanks,
Bryan

bdhobbs

Re: Localization Support for Html Host Control

Wed Aug 17, 2022 12:17 am

I did actually figure this out. There is no button on the Control to ask if you want to localize it, but there was an entry on the User Interface/Translations (Project Strings tab) Since, from another post, I learned for this to work with the Html Host Control (as a file, not URL) you have to add these files as Temporary Files. It mangles the filenames, removing hyphens and spaces (and possibly underscores), so my file "EULA Standalone.htm" turned into a temporary property named [&eulastandalone.htm] and the French version was [&eulastandalonefr.htm] for filename "EULA Standalone-fr.htm". It does some other mapping in the Custom Behavior/Table Editor page under AI_TempFile. So the property names above were from the FileId field.

Liviu

Re: Localization Support for Html Host Control

Thu Aug 18, 2022 12:34 pm

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for your follow-up and for sharing the solution here. I'm sure it will be helpful to other users facing the same scenario.

If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Building Installers”