bLiTzJoN

Possible to Refresh XML Search?

Fri Oct 14, 2022 2:31 pm

So, I created a console application that performs some operations when certain conditions apply before the InstallDlg is called. One of the artifacts the console application creates is an xml file of various settings I would like to use as defaults values (i.e., connection strings, usernames, passwords, etc...). Everything works in the xml file search as long as the file exists before the installer executes.

Is there an event or custom action I can call to refresh the xml file search after the installer calls the console application?

I'm trying to avoid having the user exit the installer after the console application returns success and run it again.

Catalin

Re: Possible to Refresh XML Search?

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:06 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

I'm afraid I do not fully understand your scenario here.

If possible, could you please give me some more details so I can further assist?
Is there an event or custom action I can call to refresh the xml file search after the installer calls the console application?
If this operation is customly done by your executable, if you want to return to the default values then you might need to make another custom executable that does that.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”