kkkwj

MSIX version number in control panel entry Windows 11

Sun Nov 06, 2022 8:56 pm

Hi, I am building an MSIX installer for Windows 11 for my app. It installs fine, but there is no version number shown in the Settings/Apps (uninstall) entry. I notice that many apps have a version number listed in the first column under the app name. But some (mostly by Microsoft) do not.

I am wondering if all MSIX installations do NOT provide or show a version/build number in the Settings/Apps entries?

Here is a picture showing version/build numbers that I am trying to reproduce with my MSIX installers. I checked the forums but couldn't find anything. My Product Version is filled out okay in the Product Details block in AI, but it does not show up in the Settings/Apps entries.

Here is a picture of the build numbers I am trying to generate with MSIX:
https://app.screencast.com/GIm7wtbcuuE1L

Liviu

Re: MSIX version number in control panel entry Windows 11

Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:53 pm

Hello,
Hi, I am building an MSIX installer for Windows 11 for my app. It installs fine, but there is no version number shown in the Settings/Apps (uninstall) entry. I notice that many apps have a version number listed in the first column under the app name. But some (mostly by Microsoft) do not.
Most likely, these applications are EXE/MSI. All MSI/EXE packages display the version in the Apps & Features settings.
I am wondering if all MSIX installations do NOT provide or show a version/build number in the Settings/Apps entries?
Yes, from what I know the MSIX packages do not display the version in the Apps & Features menu. I couldn't find any official documentation from Microsoft regarding this, but we can easily see this.

All applications which are pre-installed with the OS as MSIX (such as Calculator, Clock, Photos) do not display the version.

To see the version for the MSIX packages we need to open the Advanced Options menu.
calculator.png
calculator.png (57.72KiB)Viewed 2647 times
version.png
version.png (57.84KiB)Viewed 2647 times

Hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,
Liviu

kkkwj

Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:30 am

Hi Liviu, thank you! Now I know how to show the version number. I never thought of looking in the Advanced Options menu.

Liviu

Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:27 am

You're always welcome!

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Building Installers”