Chasingthemoon

Uninstall parameters to Enable/Disable removing components

Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:04 pm

Hello,

I'm trying to allow the user to chose if a folder will be removed or not when uninstalling the application.
I already know about the attribute of a component "Permanent". So the question is, how can i bind this attribute to a parameter ?
I thought of another way to do it: Install the component as permanent component and on uninstalling a custom action will remove the folder. But is there another way ?

Catalin

Re: Uninstall parameters to Enable/Disable removing components

Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:49 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,
So the question is, how can i bind this attribute to a parameter ?
Not quite sure I understand this. Could you please give me some more details (perhaps an example of how you would see this working)?
I thought of another way to do it: Install the component as permanent component and on uninstalling a custom action will remove the folder. But is there another way ?
I'm afraid not.

We do have a "Folder removal" operation built-in Advanced Installer - this option, however, is meant for scenarios when the applications or user creates some files in the folder. Usually, these files, since they are outside of the installation process (i.e. were not created during install), will not be removed upon uninstall. Unfortunately, this does not work if the component has the "permanent" attribute set.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”