David_George1991

Video playing during Installing (game related)

Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:47 pm

Me and our head developer are working on a game modification project which is WIP as of this writing. The problem here is: Big Boss[head developer] wants a video attached to it which automatically plays once during the Installation kinda similar to these links I provided:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=deskt ... 53g&t=240s

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1b9wqZx ... share_link

Thus my question here is -- how to add and automatically play a non-loopable video file during the user installation sequence using Advanced Installer?

Do we need a custom code from outside sources to implement this kind of feature? This is our first time that we will gonna use this software as we never experienced it, not even once.

Catalin

Re: Video playing during Installing (game related)

Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:39 am

Hello David and welcome to our forums,

To be fully honest with you, I am not quite sure if playing a video is currently supported.

However, we do have support for playing a GIF file. So if that's enough for your request and if you can convert your video to a gif file, you can try to follow the steps presented in the article below:

Conditionally display .gif file

This is an interesting request, though, and I will try to discuss this with our dev team and see whether something like this can be implemented. You would be the first one to ever request it :) .

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

David_George1991

Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:07 am

Catalin wrote:
Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:39 am
Hello David and welcome to our forums,

To be fully honest with you, I am not quite sure if playing a video is currently supported.

However, we do have support for playing a GIF file. So if that's enough for your request and if you can convert your video to a gif file, you can try to follow the steps presented in the article below:

Conditionally display .gif file

This is an interesting request, though, and I will try to discuss this with our dev team and see whether something like this can be implemented. You would be the first one to ever request it :) .

Best regards,
Catalin
Hmmmmmmm I think that would be a consolation prize for me :roll: . The question is can I put or display that feature in the installation progress part rather than in the introdution screen. Also I have an alternative question @Catalin : is it possible to implement a powerpoint presentation style feature in which a music or voiceover file (non-loopable) accompanied with various pictures to display in the background while installing very similar to this :| ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW-EqUfv_sk

Hopefully that aforementioned requested feature will be implemented in the future versions of of that software. Thanks & more power to your dev team :) !

Catalin

Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:54 am

Hello George,
Also I have an alternative question @Catalin : is it possible to implement a powerpoint presentation style feature in which a music or voiceover file (non-loopable) accompanied with various pictures to display in the background while installing very similar to this
You could try to use our slideshow support for this:

Slideshow page

How to start and stop an Image Slideshow by using custom triggers?

Best regards,
Catalin

David_George1991

Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:12 pm

Catalin wrote:
Tue Nov 29, 2022 7:54 am
Hello George,
Also I have an alternative question @Catalin : is it possible to implement a powerpoint presentation style feature in which a music or voiceover file (non-loopable) accompanied with various pictures to display in the background while installing very similar to this
You could try to use our slideshow support for this:

Slideshow page

How to start and stop an Image Slideshow by using custom triggers?

Best regards,
Catalin

Hi there @Catalan it's me :) . It's been a long since my last reply to you (Nov 25, 2022) :D . I have been some tough times in the past few days (personal issues) though but I can manage it nevertheless :( . Anyway I hate to ask though :? , I don't know where to start but can you show it to me how it is done :| , step by step in a video form please :cry: , so that I'll get the idea when I about to make my own installer very SOON :? .

Catalin

Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:46 pm

Hello David,

I am sorry to hear about the personal issues.

Hope everything is fine now! :)

Regarding the Slide Show support, please note that this is available only with pictures (not a video).

I have attached, for your reference, a sample project to this thread. The imagines are simply downloaded from google as .JPG.

Additionally, in order to see the slideshow, you will have to move the setup window to the right or left, because it covers the image.

In your case, you'd need to use images that are displayed on the entire screen.
DavidSample.zip
(958.57KiB)Downloaded 209 times

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin

David_George1991

Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:58 am

Catalin wrote:
Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:46 pm
Hello David,

I am sorry to hear about the personal issues.

Hope everything is fine now! :)

Regarding the Slide Show support, please note that this is available only with pictures (not a video).

I have attached, for your reference, a sample project to this thread. The imagines are simply downloaded from google as .JPG.

Additionally, in order to see the slideshow, you will have to move the setup window to the right or left, because it covers the image.

In your case, you'd need to use images that are displayed on the entire screen.

DavidSample.zip

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin

Ok, I'm starting to put the pieces together :D . Is it possible to put audio files (.wav files) onto it, per image in the slideshow? :) ? Also do you have a active Facebook or Discord for this :| ? I would try my best to work this out during this difficult time so help me what you can and expect more questions from that so Keep 'em coming :mrgreen: !

Catalin

Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:06 pm

Hello David,

I'm afraid we offer our support only over forum and email.

Regarding your question, it is possible to play an audio file during installation, but not an audio file per each slideshow.

Here's the how-to for that:

How to play an audio file during install

Best regards,
Catalin

David_George1991

Sun Apr 30, 2023 1:45 am

Catalin wrote:
Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:06 pm
Hello David,

I'm afraid we offer our support only over forum and email.

Regarding your question, it is possible to play an audio file during installation, but not an audio file per each slideshow.

Here's the how-to for that:

How to play an audio file during install

Best regards,
Catalin

Hi there, it's been a long while since my last reply in this forum thread Smile​. Anyway I got bad news:( . I was about to make my very 1st installer using Advanced Installer but unfortunately my Desktop PC for 15 years died while I was in early stages of making that Installer :( . Thankfully at least the HDDs and it's data are saved. Thus as of this writing (atm) I'm using my Cellphone to messaged you for Plan B Emergency :cry:

Anyways if you have a sample file of that please send it to me as my 2nd request until I got funds for my new Laptop for easy reference and understanding since I'm new into Advanced Installer[new comer]. I'd be waiting of your response.

PS: Does this forum have an active Discord server?

Catalin

Thu May 04, 2023 3:56 pm

Hello David,

I'm sorry to hear about your computer.

Regarding the sample, I am not quite sure what sample you need here. The tutorial guides you step-by-step on how to achieve that.

Regarding the Discord server, as previously mentioned, we only do support over the email and here on forums.

Best regards,
Catalin

Return to “Building Installers”