asif0012

Using "Force Reboot after install" reboot behaviour doesn't delete Prerequisites and Install extraction folder

Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:07 am

I am using "Force Reboot after install" reboot behavior from the "Install Parameters" section in my installer which shows a reboot prompt at the end of the installation. But if I reboot my machine using the prompt, pressing "Yes". Then my machine gets restarted but the prerequisites and install extraction folder aren't deleted. But if I don't restart the machine using the prompt and press "No". Then the extraction folders get deleted. How to ensure that the extraction folders will always get deleted even if I use "Force Reboot after install" prompt to restart my machine?

"Force Reboot after install" prompt:
ForceRebootPromptImage.png
ForceRebootPromptImage.png (6.67KiB)Viewed 3995 times

Catalin

Re: Using "Force Reboot after install" reboot behaviour doesn't delete Prerequisites and Install extraction folder

Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:07 pm

Hello,

I have tested this on the latest version of Advanced Installer, but unfortunately I was not able to replicate the described behavior.

If possible, could you please let me know if you are on the latest version as well?

If so, then please forward me a copy of the AIP file by email at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate its settings?

Would be even better if you could provide a sample project that reproduces this.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”