Phenrique

Send user input to a siteAPI and work with response

Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:36 pm

Hello masters of Advanced installer.

Iam trying to creste my installer that consume the response from a API, after user send the credentials. Like:

On install diálogo the user must enter username/password and this data go to API trought post.
If the credentials os correct my API responds with
A list of groups the user haver registred in the site, then the user must select the desired group from the group list.

After that the installer with execute the install with and argument with the name do the group.

The API thing is done, just need help with the dialog
to exhange and use data from API.

Any help is appreciated, If anyone haver and example, will be very welcome.

Thanks in Advanced.

Phenrique

Re: Send user input to a siteAPI and work with response

Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:47 pm

I was thinking here, it dont need to be the credentials, but i can offer the user a hash key, to enter at install moment, and the installer just consult the API if the key is valid, if valid, it can continue the installation and enter manually the group name.

If it can retrieve the group list is better, but to make things simple, the user once have a valid key, can enter the group name manually.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Catalin

Re: Send user input to a siteAPI and work with response

Tue Dec 06, 2022 2:10 pm

Hello and welcome to our forums,

For your specific requests, you will need to develop your own custom action.
I was thinking here, it dont need to be the credentials, but i can offer the user a hash key, to enter at install moment, and the installer just consult the API if the key is valid, if valid, it can continue the installation and enter manually the group name.
Here, you could schedule the custom action on the "Next" button of the dialog where your user inputs the hash key.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”