AquaComm

AI Project Management

Tue Apr 11, 2023 7:41 am

I am a new user to AI and as I progress along the learning curve it is becoming apparent that there is a real need to keep backups of each project as well as each build of each project. For example, when I create a new version of my project AI then shows the <projectName> - <version> in the recent files list but does it actually save that version? It doesn't appear to but frankly I would have thought that the whole previous version including output etc is zipped up somewhere.
Is it left up to us individuals to work out some method to meet our needs or is there some automated system available to do this?
Any suggestions for us new-comers so we can avert future problems we may come across will be appreciated. :)

Catalin

Re: AI Project Management

Thu Apr 13, 2023 4:08 pm

Hello,

I am not quite sure I fully understand your question here. Would you like to have a different copy of the AIP file after everytime you change something?

If so, I'm afraid that it's not quite possible, at least through our support.

You could enable AutoRecovery, but I'm not 100% sure that is what you are looking after.

Unreversible changes should create a backup copy of your project (e.g. building in a newer version of Advanced Installer). This option should be enabled by default and you can find it here:
Screenshot_109.png
Screenshot_109.png (84.62KiB)Viewed 3500 times
Project Save Tab

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”