sonda

Import from InstallShield

Fri May 05, 2023 4:22 pm

Hi i'm truing to migrate installshield project to Advanced installer and i have tried to import ism file from InstallShield and the first step file is imported and folders are listed but when i click for the next step is throwing error unable to find row with id in table custom action.

1. It is possible some how to fix this kind of issues, or should i start building from scratch new project? (i'm trying with the latest version 20.6 also if you try to import and fail, than close form and again click to import the advanced installer will just shut down )

2. if import is successful done will the forms also be imported or will need manual intervention?

Regards

Catalin

Re: Import from InstallShield

Wed May 10, 2023 12:32 pm

Hello,

Although our InstallShield importer is a great tool that can save you a lot of time, it is not really a good match with very complicated projects - usually, in this case, I would suggest building the project from scratch.

However, if you'd like to give this a try, please send me the copy of the ISM project at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can further investigate it and see if we can import it.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”