IanClarke

AIP SourcePath values

Hi there,

am new to installer building and am working on a project with a colleague to assist with build automation using Azure Devops pipelines.

When my colleague creates and configures the project on his machine, he outputs an AIP file, which is fed into our Devops pipeline to build the installer every night. However, on his machine he has the objects located on d:\<blah> which is the output from his build process. This folder is baked into our AIP (as SourcePath entries) and unfortunately this is not the source folder on the pipeline build machines. The pipeline has a dynamic folder referenced by an environment variable for each execution.

What is possible it terms of creating an AIP file and having an unattended installer build, with source folders that can change according to which machine the installer build is executing on?

many thanks,

Ian
IanClarke

Re: AIP SourcePath values

I managed to work this out, will leave the answer in case anyone else is searching.

We switched the installer to use synchronised folders for all of the source files. Then in the Azure Devops pipeline I could script the creation of a commands file which was passed to the advanced installer console application.

The commands file cleared and recreated the sync to a folder which was created and owned by the Devops pipeline process and contained all of the files we needed.

Cheers,

Ian
Catalin

Re: AIP SourcePath values

Hello Ian,

Thank you very much for your followup on this and for sharing your solution with us!

I am sure future customers facing a similar scenario will find this useful.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”