kaidenh

installing folders

Mon May 15, 2023 9:15 pm

Hi, I'm trying to create an installer to install a folder for flight sim scenery as opposed to an app.
It'd look something like this:

1. (welcome page)
2. (enter serial key)
3. Select which products you'd like to install: (option X-Plane 11, option X-Plane 12)
4. Select X-Plane 11 scenery folder (if selected in page 3)
5. Select X-Plane 12 scenery folder (if selected in page 4)
6. Installing (at this point, I want it to essentially just place a collection of object and text files in a folder in the specified location)
7. Complete

Is this possible and if so how? Also, if I was to enter a serial key, copy the resulting files and share them, would I be able to just use the files or would I have to re-enter the key? I don't want people just re-distributing my files. But I'm happy to try and find an alternative workaround.
FYI I'm new to this
Thanks, Kaiden

Catalin

Re: installing folders

Wed May 17, 2023 12:01 pm

Hello Kaiden and welcome to our forums,

Yes, it is possible to achieve everything you need.

For this, we would need the Enterprise license so we can edit the dialogs.
1. (welcome page)
This is done by default in Advanced Installer
2. (enter serial key)
We can do this as well, as Advanced Installer supports Package Serial Validation.
3. Select which products you'd like to install: (option X-Plane 11, option X-Plane 12)
For this, we can either create our own dialog or separate the two options into two separate features and then use the predefined "OptionalFeatsDlg" dialog.
4. Select X-Plane 11 scenery folder (if selected in page 3)
5. Select X-Plane 12 scenery folder (if selected in page 4)
For this, we can simply set the installation folder based on the option selected by the user.

I would suggest downloading Advanced Installer as it offers 30-day free trial (without any registration needed).

There, you can create an "Enterprise" project and start working on the project using our User Guide and support from our team.

At the end, if you arep leased with the product, you can purchase a license and continue working on the project.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”