AquaComm

Uninstalling a Suite project

Hi,

I'm creating a Suite installer which will contain 5 or 6 individual AI installers.

If I don't enable "Register product with Windows Installer", how can I create a Suite uninstaller?
Catalin

Re: Uninstalling a Suite project

Hello,

The suite installation is meant to install separate packages, all at the same time on the customer's machine.

That means that each package should then be uninstalled manually, if that's desired.

If you'd like to create a main uninstaller for all, I would advise leaving the "Register with Windows Installer" option checked and then adding the required parameter in the "Uninstall Command Line" field from the "Prerequisites" page.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
AquaComm

If you'd like to create a main uninstaller for all, I would advise leaving the "Register with Windows Installer" option checked and then adding the required parameter in the "Uninstall Command Line" field from the "Prerequisites" page.
Could you elaborate on this please as I can't find such a parameter where you specified.

Thanks.
Catalin

Hello,

Sure thing!

Here's the option I was talking about in my previous reply:
Screenshot_125.png
Screenshot_125.png (47.71 KiB) Viewed 5686 times

If the package was created with Advanced Installer, the field will be completed automatically when you check that option:
Screenshot_126.png
Screenshot_126.png (7.22 KiB) Viewed 5686 times
Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Building Installers”