Justin

Analytics doesn't show dialog.

Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:33 am

Hello,
I have architect license for Advanced Installer, would like use the analytics feature. So I enable the install Tracking and select "always" or "only if user accepts" for "Report installation data", but didn't see any dialog to tell user the information when installation (the installation has LicenseAgreementDlg dialog already).
And I enable "Display uninstall reason pop-up survey", but didn't see the pop-up message display when I uninstall it.

BTW. I can see the installation and uninstallation analytics on https://installeranalytics.com/... website.

Please help me solve the problem. Thanks!!

Best Regards,
Justin

Catalin

Re: Analytics doesn't show dialog.

Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:52 am

Hello Justin,

As per our "Analytics page" article:
Only if the user accepts your license terms
The installation information will be centralized only when the user agrees to the license terms. After setting this option, the LicenseAgreementDlg dialog will be added in the Dialogs Page, along with an event on its [ Next ] button.
With that being said, if you already have the "LicenseAgreementDlg" dialog in your project, the dialog is no longer added.
And I enable "Display uninstall reason pop-up survey", but didn't see the pop-up message display when I uninstall it.
Regarding this, I have tested this just now and everything worked as expected on my end:
AnalyticsPopup.png
AnalyticsPopup.png (150.17KiB)Viewed 59394 times

On the machine where you are testing this, do you have an active internet connection? As you can see, the popup is launched in the default Browser.

Best regards,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Justin

Thu Aug 05, 2021 12:44 pm

Hi Catalin,
For the uninstall pop-up message, I just can not see the popup message from default browser. Could you help me how to debug it? Thanks!

Best Regards,
Justin

Liviu

Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:06 pm

Hi Justin,

Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the behavior.

Can you please tell us which browser you are using as default?
Also, can you please send us the .AIP (setup project) file and a download link for the .EXE setup by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

Best regards,
Liviu

Return to “Installer Analytics”