mpande

Update time

Tue Apr 19, 2022 4:37 pm

How long should it take for the Analytics site to update to reflect a new install? I did one about 30 minutes ago, and I still see "No Data" on the site. Is this just a question of needing to wait longer?

Liviu

Re: Update time

Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:16 am

Hello Max,

I'm not sure why that happens. The install should be reflected in a short time after installation. I've tested this and the report is displayed in a few seconds as expected.

There may be several reasons why the report is not updated after a new installation:

• the machine does not have an active internet connection. To make it more clear, your users need to have an active internet connection when they install or uninstall your package. For more details you can refer to the following article: Installer Analytics Limitations
    • if you have the "Report installation data" set to "Only if the user accepts your license terms" and your application is installed silent or with Basic UI, then the Analytics will not send any data since there is no LicenseAgreementDlg displayed. In this case, you should select the "Always" option from the "Analytics" page.
    Otherwise, can you please give us more details about your installation scenario? Also, can you please send us the following resources:

1. the .AIP (setup project) file
    2. a download link for the setup
    3. an installation log when the report is not updated

by email to support at advancedinstaller dot com so we can further test and investigate this?

Best regards,
    Liviu

mpande

Fri Apr 22, 2022 11:28 pm

I've sent the files via Proofpoint Secure share. The logs include an install, and uninstall, and another installation. None of those were reported.
    We've been doing testing on a virtual machine by installing the software and then restoring a snapshot of the VM where the software isn't present to do another test install.
    Currently our site shows a single install and no uninstalls. We've done multiple tests over the last couple days, but they aren't reflected. Maybe there's something about the Analytics we don't understand?
    - Should Analytics show reports for upgrades, or is it just for new installs and uninstalls?
    - We haven't enabled any kind of IP filtering, but could Analytics not be showing anything because it's the same VM over and over again?

Liviu

Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:25 am

Hello Max,

Thank you for the resources and sorry for the delayed replay. We've had some days off here due to Orthodox Easter.

I've tested your project using dummy resources and the reports are updated as expected after an install/uninstall in the Analytics account.

Now, there could be two reasons why the reports are not updated in your case:

• there are either some network connection problem on the machine
      • or there is a proxy server blocking the connection with the Analytics server.

To further troubleshoot this, I suggest you to monitor the network using a tool like Telerik Fiddler.

1. Just install Fiddler and open it.
      2. After that install or uninstall your setup.
      3. Now go back into Fiddler and check the connections to collect.installeranalytics.com
      4. Check the first connection, open the WebForms tab and check to see that "lc" string has the "start" value.
      first.png
      first.png (395.53KiB)Viewed 16737 times

5. Now check the last result sent to collect.installeranalytics.com which has the "lc" string set to "end". It should have the "ls" string set to "success".
      second.png
      second.png (599.14KiB)Viewed 16737 times
      This will also help to detect possible connection problems.

Hope this helps!

Best regards,
      Liviu

Return to “Installer Analytics”