icke_qps

Installation fails when enabling 'Fast Installation'

Hi,
I am trying to speed up the installation, as it seems much slower than compared to an MSI compiled with VS2017.
I tried to enable the 'Fast Installation' option, but when I do the installation fails.

The last dialog that is shown is the 'Ready to Install' step. When 'Install' is clicked the msiexec help pops up and the installation stops (see attached image)

I attached the log:
verbose log.zip
(106.71 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
Is there any way you can help me out?

Best regards,
Peter
Attachments
msiexec.png
msiexec.png (105.59 KiB) Viewed 2103 times
Catalin

Re: Installation fails when enabling 'Fast Installation'

Hello,

First of all, please accept my apologies for the delayed reply, but we had our Orthodox Easter holiday here.

In what regards your problem, I am not sure if this is related to the "Fast installation - optimized file costing and copy, indeterminate progress" flag.

As you describe the problem, this is most probably related to the command lines that you are passing to a feature-based prerequisite. Do you have feature-based prerequisites added to your setup? If yes, could you please go to "Prerequisites" page --> click on your prerequisite --> "Setup Files" tab --> and double check the "Install Command Lines" section.

If you can not find the culprit here, please forward me a copy of your .AIP file by e-mail at support at advancedinstaller dot com so I can have a better look about this.

Hope this helps.

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube
icke_qps

Hi Catalin, I hope you enjoyed your holiday!

I just checked all prerequisite Install Command Lines, and basically they are all set to:

Code: Select all

/q /norestart
This is for all 3 configurations (Full UI, Basic UI and Silent). I suspect this is not a problem.

I will send you the AIP to the mentioned e-mail address.

Best regards,

Peter
Catalin

Hello Peter,

First of all, thanks for the sent files. I have had a look over the sent project and everything seems configured well. I have also tried to reproduce the issue by building the sent project using dummy resources, but to no avail (I was not able to reproduce the behavior).

With that being said, could you please also forward me a download link for the setup by e-mail so I can further investigate & test this on our side?

All the best,
Catalin
Catalin Gheorghe - Advanced Installer Team
Follow us: Twitter - Facebook - YouTube

Return to “Common Problems”